Thursday, June 26, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 25 - Seasons

Hello!  Yes, I have a crazy posting schedule this week, but I will be getting in three posts!  I had planned on posting this yesterday, but simply got too busy - so a Thursday post it is!


This week's prompt for FingerFood's Theme Buffet is seasons.  My first thought was immediately this manicure done by nail blogger Kayla Shevonne.  However I didn't want to do exactly the same thing, so I too turned to art (and Pinterest) for inspiration.  I really wanted to stick with a "season-tree" theme, ended up using this image for inspiration.

source


I essentially have a season on each nail: Spring - index, Summer - middle, Fall/Autumn - ring, Winter - pinkie.  I was really afraid I would mess up the stripes by painting the white trees over top, so I chose to put the white tree as an accent nail on my thumb, using a white Milani striping polish.  I'm really pleased with how this came out!



I used a ton of polishes for this mani!  I posted a picture on Instagram earl;ier today, showing all the polishes (except for the white striper used for the tree) used in this mani.  I tried to start with the sheerest color each nail, knowing that I needed more opaque polishes for the stripes.  Here is the list of polishes, in case you're interested:

Spring:
JLB Cosmetics Jade, Sally Hansen Color Foil Minted Metal, Spoiled I'm So Jaded, Pure Ice Home Run
Summer:
Ulta Not From Concetrate, Sinful Colors Cloud 9, Spoiled Let's Get Sushi, Ulta Sun-Sational
Fall:
elf Prissy Chrissy, JLB Cosmetics Immortal Gold, Ulta Taupe on a Rope, Sinful Colors Dark Bronze
Winter:
JLB Cosmetics Deep Sea, elf Skinny Jeans, Sally Hansen Color Foil Cobalt Chrome, Diasterpiece Polish Snuff



After the base colors dried, I added a layer of Seche Vite, and once that was dry to the touch, I started laying down my striping tape, working one nail at a time.  My goal was for the colored stripes to be in no particular order, as long as the same color wasn't back to back.  Unfortunately on the Spring and Winter nails, the JLB Cosmetics metallics and Sally Hansen Color Foils ended up looking more similar than I had anticipated, and were slightly harder to see.  Overall I really do love this mani!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Creative way to represent seasons...I like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I think your nails look just amazing and I look forward to read your next post :) Love your blog layout as well <3

    Xx Creativenails4fun

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...