Friday, June 6, 2014

Hot Pink Shreds

Happy Friday!  I'm so glad it's Friday, cheers to the freakin' weekend!  Today, I have a mani I wore when I went to the beach two weekends ago.  I wanted something bright and fun, so I immediately thought hot pink and glitter!


I started out with two coats of Nicole by OPI Tink's in the Pink.  And since I wanted to add some sparkle, I pulled out this unnamed Hot Topic shredded glitter polish.  It has a light pink base and is full of opalescent glitter shreds.  I did have to apply two layers of Seche Vite to smooth everything over and because this glitter topper was topcoat hungry.  But that is one of the few drawbacks of shredded glitter - luckily it's pretty!





In the above macro, you can see the opalescent shreds that shifted colors from yellow to purple to pink.  There are also tiny opalescent hex glitters, which in this photo, look orange.  I apologize for the poor cleanup on this mani - since I was just going to the beach I decided it didn't need to look perfect.  But I ended up liking it enough to post here!


Overall, a very fun summery mani and perfect for the weather!  I would like to go to the beach again this weekend, but I have a feeling we will end up at the local Watermelon Festival instead - it is definitely summer!  Hope ya'll have a great weekend!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...