Monday, June 30, 2014

The Lacquer Legion - On Holiday

The June prompt for The Lacquer Legion is "On Holiday."  Be sure to search #LLOnHoliday on your favorite social media sites to see more holiday manis!  We aren't taking a vacation this summer; in fact we usually do vacations in the Fall or Spring to beat the crowds and the heat!  Since many people vacation to Florida (my home state) during the summer, I decided to go with a tropical-Florida-summer theme for my mani.


I have been playing around with my neons a lot lately (you'll see more in Wednesday's FingerFood Theme Buffet post since the theme is neon!) and really wanted to do something fun.  My sister in law said my mani reminded her of the neon souvenir t-shirts you can buy at the beach.  Like the ones that say Key West or Daytona Beach really large in neon letters across the front.



For this mani, I started with a base of an unnamed Color Workshop white polish.  For a cheapie white polish it works great!  As you know, I am a polish hoarder, so even though I now own China Glaze White on White, I still haven't used it!  Once the white was dry, I painted every other nail with two coats of China Glaze Purple Panic.  On my index and ring finger, I created a gradient using Broadway Sunshine Disco and China Glaze Purple Panic.



Once the gradient dried, I used an unnamed black LA Colors polish to stamp the palm tree on each of the gradient nails.  This image can be found on the Salon Express plate SE-18.  As with all neon polishes, Purple Panic dried to a matte finish, but I wanted to topcoat everything to seal in the stamp.  Little did I know that when I top coated, Purple Panic would show a beautiful blue shimmer!  I considered adding China Glaze Fairy Dust on top (another recent purchase!), but decided I liked the neons on their own.


Oh boy was this mani bright!  I am definitely going to have to do something similar on my toes before I go to the beach next time!  It was super bright and fun!  I love neons and may have to get adventuresome and wear some to work this summer!  Also, tomorrow I will be starting my first 31 day challenge - the Oh Mon Dieu Part Deux challenge!  I am going to do my best to keep up with this challenge (it is not required to complete every day, but the more manis you complete the better chance you have of winning one of the prizes!).  I will likely only blog about a few of these manis, most will be posted on my Instagram.  So be sure to follow and join in where you can!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...