Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Twin Nails: Lollipop

Today's mani might possibly be my favorite of the four Twin Nails prompts I've participated in.  for the month of June, the group theme was candy.  My twinsie Marlein, of CreatiNails, and I were assigned lollipop.  I started browsing pinterest and came across the following mani.  We eventually decided to go with this swirled style, but to do it in traditional rainbow colors.



I just have to start out by saying how much fun this mani was to do.  You would think it was tedious, but it actually wasn't too hard to do.  I also had some help from a package of nail decals I recently purchased!  I started by applying L'Oreal Nail Lingerie nail stickers in the "Miss Candy" pattern on each naked nail.  I then very carefully filled in each of the clear gaps between the white swirls with the appropriate color.




Here are the colors I used for this mani:
  • elf Smokin Hot (red)
  • LA Colors Tangerine (orange)
  • LA Colors Art Deco Hi-Lite (yellow)
  • LA Colors Art Deco Bright Green (green)
  • elf Skinny Jeans (blue)
The only nail I top-coated was the thumb, but the white part of the sticker seemed to wrinkle, and I didn't want to ruin the entire mani, so I chose not to topcoat the rest of it.



The two art deco polishes were stripers, which made applying those colors easier.  For the other three, I used a small paintbrush I have trimmed down for finer detail work.  Wait until y'all see Marlein's mani - it's absolutely gorgeous and she free handed the whole thing!  I am definitely jealous of her artistry and her nails!  Be sure to check out Marlein's mani here.

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I love the rainbow swirls. It's yummy. Can't wait to see Marlein's x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I just linked Marlein's mani!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...