Wednesday, July 9, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 27 - Patriotic

Hello!  I am back from my vacation (which I neglected to tell you about), so normal blogging will resume today.  In honor of getting my new job back in March, my boyfriend and his parents went in together to get he and I tickets to the NASCAR races in Daytona over the Fourth of July weekend.  So went rented a car and took a mini vacation for the weekend!


Since this week's prompt for FingerFood's Theme Buffet is patriotic, I decided to save the nails I wore for Fourth of July and my vacation to show you today!  My favorite driver is Brad Keselowski who drives the #2 car.  A few years ago his merchandise hauler at the track was selling nail decals, so I bought a pack (in hindsight I should have bought all of them as I'm almost out!).  I incorporated the nail decals as accent nails on my patriotic nails.



The two base colors I used for this mani are Pure Ice Celestial and Crimson.  Since Brad drives the "blue deuce" I wanted the #2 decals to go on blue nails.  Once the base colors were dry I added a coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Beach Ball, which is made up of red, white, and blue matte glitters.  Since one coat was rather sparse, I used the dabbing method to add additional glitters on some of the nails.



Overall, I love how this turned out!  I love the contrast between the metallic base colors and the matte glitters.  It was pretty unique and looked gorgeous in the sun - when it was actually out at least.  We had a great time this weekend, even if the race did get rain delayed and then cut short!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...