Tuesday, July 22, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 29 - Inspired by Fabric/Clothing

Hello!  Hope everyone had a great weekend!  Today is my first day back to work after a mini-vacation of sorts.  We went to the beach in St. Augustine yesterday and it was absolutely lovely!  And I did wear Energetic Red on my toes!  It has also held up very well with no chips - which is surprising after a day at the beach.  But on to this week's FingerFood Theme Buffet prompt!


This week's prompt was "inspired by fabric/clothing."  I definitely wanted to do a mani that matched a shirt in my wardrobe, but I also wanted something that would be relatively easy since I was on a time-constraint this weekend (we stayed super busy!).  So I chose a blouse with blue, black, white, and cream stripes.  I choose to translate the stripes slightly differently than they are on the shirt.




I started out by making a gradient using OPI My Vampire is Buff, an unnamed white LA Colors polish, and Sinful Colors Sail La Vie.  Once the gradient was dry, I added striping tape, creating stripes of varying widths, just like on the shirt.  I then created the stripes using Sinful Colors Black on Black.



While the shade of blue is slightly different between the shirt and the nails, I am still incredibly pleased with how this turned out.  I really like my interpretation of this design, and my boyfriend was really impressed too - always a plus!  Now I want to make matchy-matchy nails for all the clothes in my wardrobe!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Idea! I love gradients under black nail polishes and striping tape. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...