Monday, July 28, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 30 - Rainbow

Holy cow, I can't believe we've been at this for thirty weeks!  And that I haven't missed a single week!  We recently started a new set of prompts, so if you are interested in joining a casual one-week challenge, be sure to check out the Fingerfood Theme Buffet Facebook group!  This week's prompt is rainbow.  I have featured two other rainbow designs here on the blog before and wanted to do something different.  The most recent was my lollipop mani from a few weeks ago, and the other was from a nail art challenge I participated in back in 2012!


This mani was partially inspired by CraftyNail's rainbow mani from the OMD2 challenge.  I really liked the rainbow on a neutral base, such as OPI My Vampire is Buff, so I ended up starting with the same base color!


This mani was actually really easy to put together, the hardest part was finding the appropriate colors for the rainbow.  I apparently don't have, or couldn't find, a true violet color, so the more dusty purple of Ulta Tutu Cute was used instead.  I dabbed a small amount of each polish on my scrap paper (I like to use the glossy flyer cards I get in the mail - think Ulta coupons).  I then used the large end of my dotting tool to add a dot of each color in a vertical line down the center of the nail.  After giving the dots an ample amount of dry time, I finished with a coat of NYC Matte Me Crazy.


Here are the colors I used for this mani:
  • elf Smokin Hot
  • China Glaze Stoked to be Soaked
  • LA Colors Hi Lite
  • LA Colors Art Deco Bright Green
  • China Glaze I Sea the Point
  • Ulta Tutu Cute

Overall, this is a super easy design, and I could see myself doing it again for future manis in a whole variety of colors.  I also had a macro shot that I wanted to include in this post, but every time I try to upload it to Blogger, it's rotated on its side - oh well!  Hope your Monday is going well!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...