Friday, July 25, 2014

#HePicksMyPolish - July 2014

Today's mani is another installment of #HePicksMyPolish.  Again, the "he" in this scenario is my boyfriend, and the challenge is that he has to pick out polishes for me to create nail art with.  However, this time around he designed the nail art and then I executed it.  The three polishes he chose this month are: Nicole by OPI On What Grounds?, butterLONDON Bluecoat, and Sally Hansen Color Foil Minted Metal.


His intention was to have three different "textures" of polish, which in this case were finishes more so than textures, since they were a chrome, a jelly, and a textured polish.  He had me start with a base of Minted Metal.  I then added striping tape, creating vertical lines on my nails.  I then went over that with a coat of Bluecoat and quickly removed the tape.  I then added a quick coat of Seche Vite so that I could create the next layer.  I then added more striping tape, this time creating horizontal stripes and painted On What Grounds? over top and then removed the tape.



I think he did pretty well for designing his first nail art!  Fortunately, they are all colors and finishes that compliment each other well, and are in the same color family.  I have definitely forgotten how beautiful Bluecoat is, as I've only worn it once before!  Also, please note that I did this mani last night...right after I broke two nails on Tuesday.  My beautiful long nails survived the beach, just to go back to work and be destroyed!  So, over the next few weeks, you'll probably see a mix of shorties and long nails while I blog about the polishes I've worn in the last few weeks. 



As always, if you are interested in joining in with the #HePicksMyPolish, feel free to create a mani and use the hashtag on all social media!  Or if you want to join our Facebook group, we tend to post our manis at the end of each month.  Have a great weekend - I'm going to see Fall Out Boy and Paramore tomorrow and still have to figure out how I'm doing my nails!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Awesome. Love that he chose the design as well. Enjoy the concert (haven't listened to Fall Out Boy in years!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had a really great time. You should listen to their new album - Save Rock and Roll, it's awesome!

      Delete
  2. These nails are awesome! He did a great job! And have fun at the concert, I have a feeling that it'll be awesome :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...