Thursday, July 24, 2014

Twin Nails: Mammals

Today's post marks another installment of Twin Nails!  As always, feel free to join our Facebook group to become a part of our monthly challenges!  This month's theme was animals and my twinsies, or in this case tripletsies, were assigned mammals.  After several weeks of brainstorming, because mammals is such a wide category, we decided that since we all have cats as pets, we would recreate our pet on our nails.


First off, here is a picture of my beautiful baby girl Addy, who will be three in September.  She was a Christmas gift from my boyfriend the first year we lived together.  For this mani, I was inspired by Nailed it NZ's ginger tabby cat tutorial, however I changed the color of my tabby cats to brown.


For my mani, I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff on each nail.  I then used an ancient light brown Chelly polish from before my polish hoarding days (seriously, this polish is at least 10 years old) to draw the outline of the cat and then fill in.  I then went back with My Vampire is Buff to add the snout.  I used Kleancolor Coffee Addict and My Vampire is Buff for the stripes.  I mixed to shades of green (Sally Hansen Limestone and Revlon Rain Forest) to create her eye color, added whiskers using white striping polish, and black for detailing.


Since I wanted the green in her eyes to pop, I did the distressed technique on my other nails using Limestone and Nails Inc. Chelsea Physic Garden.  I then topcoated everything and was good to go!  The only thing I wish I would have done differently would be to have taken some pictures outside without flash because the shimmer in Coffee Addict caused my camera to freak out and not focus on the nail art.


Overall, I am completely pleased with how this turned out and can't wait to see Marlein and Lothwen's kitty nail art as well!  I will link to them once they are posted!

UPDATE:  Here are the links to Lothwen and Marlein's kitty cat nail art!  Or check them out via the InLinkz below.  :)

--
Sarah

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...