Tuesday, August 5, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 31 - Retro

Hello! This week's prompt for FingerFood's Theme Buffet is retro.  When scouring the Pinterest boards for inspirational fabric for this prompt a few weeks ago, I came across a print which definitely fit the retro theme.  Unfortunately, I forgot to pin the item, and saved the picture directly to my phone.  But luckily, thanks to Google Image Search (thanks Catfish for teaching me about this!), I was able to find the pin, so I could give credit!  Here is a link to the pin, and the photo is also pictured below.




For this mani, I started with a base of Sephora by OPI Break a Leg Warmer! on each nail. Once that was dry, I used a white Milani striper polish to create the vertical lines down each nail.  I then went back and added white dots along each nail using the large end of my dotting tool.  Once dry, I went back and added grey and yellow dots on top of the white dots using Break a Leg Warmer! and LA Colors Shock.



Source


I wanted the yellow of Shock to pop, and not overpower the overall subdued color palette of the mani, so I spread the design out across all four nails, instead of having two yellow dots on each nail.  Overall, I really like this mani, and love the fact that it was so easy to do.  While I didn't have a lighter shade of gray, like the original image shows, I still like the end result of this mani.  Be sure to check out everyone else's retro manis below!

--
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. I freaking love it! That yellow dot is giving it that little extra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! I thought so too! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your manicures, especially this one <3
    by the way: I've just discovered this blog and I love reading your articles.
    I'm looking forward to read your next post!

    Xoxo Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool! Totally agree with Victoria as well - that yellow dot makes it pop x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...