Wednesday, August 13, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 32 - Vacation Nails

Hello!  I will go ahead and own up to this up front...I stretched this week's prompt a bit...  Because I've been busy packing for our big move this weekend, I didn't have a lot of time to brainstorm a decent idea, or the time to execute it anyway.  I decided to come up with a design that was fun and bright that I would wear if I was going on vacation.  So this mani was born!


Even though the summer weather will stick around here in Florida until October, knowing that the college football season will be starting in a little over two weeks means that fall is here to me!  In the summer, I like to wear bright colors.  When Zoya offered the Freedom Trio (only pay shipping) promotion in late June, one of the polishes I selected was Rocha, from the Summer Tickled collection.


Zoya describes Rocha as a folly red creme with warm undertones.  In several swatches I saw, the polish appeared to have a coral hue to it as well.  In person, it is much less coral, and very much red.  I could likely do a comparison post, but I compared it to Sinful Colors Energetic Red, a cool red-orange, and you could definitely tell that Energetic Red was red and Rocha was orange.


For this mani, I decided to pair Rocha with white and do a gradient dotticure.  Rocha was an easy two coater, as was the unnamed LA Colors white polish I used.  Once dry, I topped everything with a coat of Seche Vite and added the dots using the small end of my dotting tool and Rocha.  I then waited a REALLY long time to give the dots plenty of time to dry before adding topcoat, so that I didn't smear them.  I was successful on this hand, but not quite so much on my right hand.


Also, my apologies for the cat hair on my middle finger in all the pictures.  I did not even see it until I began editing the pictures.  Overall, this is a super cute, summery mani that I would certainly wear on vacation, that I got tons of compliments on at work.  You likely won't hear from me again this week, but I'm hoping to be back next week with the Science and Technology prompt!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Oooh that's lovely! I do love orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! You've created the perfect bright and pretty dotticure for a summer vaca! I had to chuckle that you cat(s) get inadvertently involved in your nail art too! And I also never see the hair until it's captured for all eternity in my perfect photo! Hope your move went well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...