Friday, September 5, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 35 - Negative Space

Happy Friday!  I am so ready for the weekend!  Today I have my negative space mani for FingerFood's Theme Buffet.  Negative space was a new nail art technique for me and I struggled with this one!  I had planned on doing another mani involving striping tape, but I the polish colors I picked never looked right and then the striping tape (which is purple) left a purple residue on the base coat, so it just looked like my nails were dirty and not naked.  So then I had to rethink the whole thing!


I then decided to do a straight-line half moon type design.  For this mani I used two Avon polishes: Swift Sherbet and Golden Peach.  I started by taping off three quarters of my nail using striping tape, with the exception of my accent nail, and then painting a coat of Swift Sherbet.  I then removed the striping tape, while the polish was still damp.  I did have to go back and do a second coat on each nail, but was able to eye-ball it without adding more tape.  Meanwhile, I added two coats of Swift Sherbet to my accent nail and topcoated.




Once each nail was dry, I went back and added a coat of Golden Peach, a less-opaque peach color with strong gold shimmer, over each of the halfmoon nails.  I then picked all of the larger golf hex glitters out of Sephora by OPI Only Gold For Me, and applied them along the edge of the polish.  In hindsight, I wish I had added one on my accent nail, because I feel like its a little bit boring, but overall I like how this mani turned out.  Have a great weekend!

--
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Love that Golden Peach! I had the same problem with my stripping tape, only it was green. Had to go back with my trusty black tape. Nail art problems, shesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - why isn't it all perfect the first time?!? ;)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Tina that golden peach polish is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour! love the use of the glitter too, great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...