Thursday, September 25, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 38 - Fruits and/or Veggies

Hello!  Happy Thursday - Friday and the weekend are almost here!  I'm so excited for this weekend, I have absolutely NOTHING going on.  It'll be awesome to just relax for once!  This week's prompt was fruits and/or veggies.  I've not done a lot of fruit nail art, the only one that comes to mind is my lemon/orange mani from back in the spring, and I don't think I've ever done any veggies.  Since there are a ton of cute cherry manis out there, I decided to try my hand at them, since they aren't too difficult of a fruit to draw!


I started with a base of OPI MY Vampire is Buff.  I then added a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust on each nail. (Sidenote: this is the very first time I've used Fairy Dust, believe it or not!).  I ended up wearing my nails like that for a day before adding the cherry nail art on top.  For the cherries I used elf Smokin' Hot and LA Colors Art Deco striping polish in Bright Green.





These nails were super easy to do, and super cute!  I love how my first cherries turned out!  While I'm sad that next week is the last FingerFood's Theme Buffet challenge before we go into hiatus for the fall, I have seriously enjoyed doing this challenge.  I have loved all of our prompts and having the opportunity to interpret them our own way and having a full week to get the post up.  No matter how hard I try, I struggle with daily and even every-other-day challenges.  Hopefully, I can find a fun challenge to do this fall, so I don't completely fall off the grid again!

--
Sarah



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...