Thursday, September 18, 2014

Florida Gator Nails - UF vs. Kentucky

Hello!  A bit of a late night post today, but I wanted to share my Gator nails from last weekend with you before this weekend's game against Alabama!  I apologizing for disappearing for the last week, but internet issues and life have gotten in the way.  I will have my FingerFood Theme Buffet mani up tomorrow, and hopefully a few more posts next week.  Thank you for bearing with me!


This mani had originally been planned to be a combination mani of last week's theme buffet prompt (dry marble) and my Gator nails.  Unfortunately, thanks to my internet issues I was unable to post it until today.  For this mani, I started with a base of China Glaze Stoked to be Soaked.  After the first coat dried, I added a coat of Seche Vite to be sure I wouldn't mess up the base when doing the needle drag.  Then, working one nail at a time, added another coat of Stoked to be Soaked, and a swipe of China Glaze I Sea the Point diagonally across the nail.  I then used a needle to pull the polish towards the bottom left corner of each nail.


You can definitely tell as I worked from thumb to pinkie, that I got better with my technique.  My ring and pinkie nails are my two favorites.  This was the first time I had tried a dry marble/needle drag mani.  Though it is definitely a technique I would like to practice some more, it was not too hard to execute.





If you follow Gator football at all, you may have heard that we did win our game against Kentucky...in TRIPLE OVERTIME.  Yes, it was a nail biter, but we eventually won, 36-30, in the longest game in school history.  It was seriously over four hours.  We play Alabama this weekend, which will be interesting.  I just hope we don't get shut out - if we at least score, I don't feel as bad about losing.  In All Kinds of Weather!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...