Friday, October 24, 2014

Born Pretty Store Opalescent Studs Review

Today, I have the review of another nail art item from Born Pretty Store.  I have never tried metal studs before and I these have a very pretty pearly/opalescent sheen to them, rather than being the stereotypical metal shades (silver, gold, copper, etc).  The studs I am reviewing are product number #16279 and can be found here.  This is a 300 piece set with three sizes of studs ranging in size from 2mm to 5mm.  For my mani, I used the two smaller sizes of studs.  My ring finger nail is extremely curved and since I wanted to do an accent nail, the largest stud would not sit flat on the nail.



For this mani I used an unnamed shimmery purple shade from The Face Shop.  This polish, as well as two others, I received in a giveaway a few years ago - and this is actually the first time any of them have appeared on the blog.  I wanted to use a shimmery base color to highlight the studs without detracting from their pearly finish.


The studs were applied using a coat of slow-drying topcoat, followed by a thick layer of Seche Vite.  I did have a bit of trouble picking them up using a dotting tool dipped in topcoat.  But I'm sure that would be remedied using a small pair of tweezers or a wax pencil.  Also, any bubbles you see in this many around the studs are no fault of the studs.  I'm nearing the end of my bottle of Seche, so its quite goopy.



I am very impressed with these studs, and the ease of application.  The staying power is also excellent!  The only other time I've used studs they fell off in the shower the next morning - but not these!  They made it through taking a shower and a whole day at work.  I even tried picking them off, but they stay on very well!  If you're interested in purchasing these studs or other products from Born Pretty Store, be sure to use my discount code FVL91 to save 10% on your order.


--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...