Friday, October 17, 2014

Born Pretty Store Stamping Plate QA88 Review

Happy Friday!  I have the day off for UF's Homecoming Holiday, so I'm bringing you my first review for Born Pretty Store.  Today I have the QA88 stamping plate.  This is my first time using a collage-type stamping plate.  If you know me, I don't do a lot of stamping on the blog because I seem to struggle with it.  I've only tried stamping a full nail design once, so I was looking forward to trying out this plate.



For this mani, I started with a base of Avon Bon Voyage Violet, a lovely dusty purple shade.  Once that was dry, I added a coat of Seche Vite, that way if I had a major stamping fail I could remove the stamped image without ruining the base color.  I used China Glaze Mingle with Kringle, a gold foil, to stamp with.


I decided I wanted to use the curly design in the center of the plate for this mani.  I didn't want to be too adventuresome the first time out and completely hate the mani I created.  I really love that there are so many different stamping possibilities on this plate.  I used my firm Konad stamper to pick up the image and place it on each nail.



Overall, the process was extremely easy and this plate is etched exceptionally well.  Next time, I want to use a non-metallic polish to stamp with so that you can better see the design in photos!  I like that each nail is slightly different even though the image is from the same part of the plate each time.  I really look forward to creating more manis using this plate!  If you like this plate, be sure to check out the other stamping plates and nail art supplies offered by Born Pretty Store!  And if you find something you like, be sure to use my discount code FVL91 to save 10% on your order!


--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...