Monday, October 20, 2014

#HePicksMyPolish - October 2014

Hello!  Today I am back with my first #HePicksMyPolish mani in a few months!  I'm slowly but surely working on getting back into a regular posting rhythm.  This week should be back to the normal three posts a week, and next week should be as well.  My boyfriend was especially into this challenge.  Not only did he pick the colors for me to use, but he also found a piece of artwork that he wanted me to use as my inspiration for this mani. Here is a link to the image.


I decided to do ombre dots of varying sizes horizontally across the nail, which slightly differs from the image he picked out for me, but he still really liked the way it turned out.  The polishes he chose are:
Sally Hansen Pink Blink
Avon Swift Sherbet
NYC Colors Taxi Yellow
Sally Hansen Limestone
Sinful Colors Sail La Vie
Sinful Colors Black on Black




This mani is super cute and was relatively easy to do!  In hindsight, I wish I would have extended the pink and peach across more than the thumb, as the gradient isn't as obvious over my middle and ring fingers.  I mixed each of the colors to try and create as much of a symmetrical gradient as possible.  You can sort of see the mixing on the middle finger nail, but it is the least obvious.  Overall, I love this design!

This month we are also doing #ShePicksMyPolish in addition to the traditional #HePicksMyPolish.  So when my mom comes to visit this weekend I will have her pick and then I'll get my #ShePicksMyPolish mani up next week.  The InLinkz is open until November 1st, so you have plenty of time to join in if you would like!

--
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...