Friday, October 31, 2014

#ShePicksMyPolish - October 2014

Hello, and welcome to my first installment of #ShePicksMyPolish!  Every few months we do #ShePicksMyPolish in addition to #HePicksMyPolish.  I've already posted my #HePicksMyPolish mani for October, so be sure to check it out!  Last weekend was my mom's birthday, so I invited her up to spend the weekend with me for her birthday - a girl's weekend!  Since she enjoys seeing what I create on my nails, I gave her the opportunity to pick polishes for me to create a mani with.



The colors she chose are:
Covergirl Go-Go Mango
Covergirl Reliable Red
Sinful Colors Steel My Heart



I decided to do a gradient with the two Covergirl cremes, and then stamp over top with Steel My Heart.  I again used my new stamping plate from Born Pretty Store, QA88, to stamp the design.  I decided to use a different portion of the plate from the previous mani I created with it.  Here is a link to my review of QA88.


Overall, I really love how this mani turned out and am so glad my mom had a chance to pick my polish!  I love doing this type of nail art because it pushes me out of comfort zone and forces me to be creative.  I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Awww, what a beautiful manicure with a beautiful story! And what perfect timing! I'm glad you and your mom had a great visit. She picked out some beautiful polishes for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She really put a lot of thought into what she picked out! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...