Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Fall-ing For Nail Art Challenge: Fall Inspired Colors

Hello!  Today's prompt for Challenge Your Nail Art is fall inspired colors.  I originally saw this pin from Wondrously Polished (I can't find the original post) and loved the chevron design that carried across multiple nails.  I decided to use this as my inspiration for my fall colors.  If you know me or have followed this blog for any period of time, you will know why I cannot do a maroon and gold mani this week.  I decided to think of some other fall colors and decided on oxblood and grey!




For this mani I used Nails Inc. Old Compton Street and Hot Topic Blood.  Apparently, I really like dark grey nail shades, as this leather-textured polish from Nails Inc. is the only light grey I own!  I started with a base of Old Compton Street and then added topcoat to smooth out the texture.  Once dry, I added striping tape in the chevron pattern across each nail and added a thick coat of Blood (sounds like a Halloween mani to me!) over top.




I have been spoiled by nail vinyls!  As you can see, the striping tape did not adhere to the nail as perfectly as the vinyls do, so some of my lines aren't perfect (e.g. my ring finger).  Otherwise, I am super happy with how this turned out!  Be sure to check out the other fall colored manis below and check back tomorrow for our traditional Thanksgiving inspired designs!

--
Sarah


8 comments:

  1. Loooooove this design!!!! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This design is fabulous! I completely agree with on the striping tape, I can never get crisp lines with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sumeet! I was happy with it even if the lines weren't perfect. :)

      Delete
  3. This is such a cool design and a great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous design and I love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...