Friday, November 21, 2014

Floral Stamping

I have to start by saying this is probably in my top five favorite manis - EVER!  And this came entirely from my mind - no inspiration!  I'm sure I'd seen similar manis before, but I did not find an image and go "ooo I want to do my own take on that look," as I usually do.  While is JCPenney a few week's ago, I was waiting in line to check out while my boyfriend went into the tiny Sephora section.  Next thing I know he has come back with polishes he wants me to buy!  Luckily, he knows me and only picked ones that were on sale/clearance.  Today's mani features one of those polishes, Formula X Memorable.



I started with a base of Memorable.  This is a gorgeous blue-gray.  In the bottle it appeared more gray, but on the nail it was definitely a blue-gray and sometimes looked teal in certain lights.  Such a pretty color!  Then, using the saran wrap method, I sponged on an unnamed white LA Girls polish.  I then added a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust.


After drying I used Sinful Colors Black on Black to stamp using Born Pretty Store plate QA88.  I love this plate so much - it is so versatile!  Once dry, I added another coat of Seche Vite and was good to go!



I seriously had so many compliments on this mani.  Several girls in my office actually thought I was wearing nail stickers.  I even had to explain the process to several people who couldn't believe I had done it myself.  Even our waitress that night at Chuy's was impressed.  I seriously love these nails.  I love when I actually come up with something I love all on my own, and other people complimenting me certainly doesn't hurt either!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...