Thursday, November 13, 2014

Purple and Gold Leopard Print

Good morning!  Today's mani is inspired by one I saw on @lifeisbetterpolished's Instragram account a few weeks ago.  I decided to do something similar using polishes I had in my stash.  Since my beloved Zoyas have been collecting dust the last few weeks, I decided to pull our Zoya Aurora and Storm, both from last year's Ornate collection.  For my gold accent, I used China Glaze Mingle with Kringle.



I started with a base of Aurora on each nail, except for Mingle with Kringle on my ring finger.  I then created cheetah spots using Aurora (ring) and Mingle with Kringle (thumb).  Then, using a small nail art brush I picked up at Sally's, I created the black rings around the spots using Storm.  I actually like how the thumb nail turned out better, even though its harder to see on the darker background (and I didn't get any decent pictures of my thumbnail).  The gold spots tend to pop more.




When I showed my boyfriend my completed nails, he asked if I was doing them in LSU colors since they lost to Alabama last weekend.  In all actuality, I really just liked the color combination, and LSU mascot is the tigers, not the leopards!  That and I really have only done leopard print three times in my life, even though I really like the way it looks.

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design! You've combined my 2 favorites: sparkly purple and animal print! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...