Wednesday, December 3, 2014

#HePicksMyPolish - December 2014

Today I have another installment of #HePicksMyPolish!  Going in to this mani, I had no idea what I was planning to do.  I ended up deciding to do a simple chevron design using nail vinyls from Nails Redesigned.


The colors he chose are:
Pure Ice Celestial (blue)
Pure Ice Home Run (mint)
Urban Decay Naked Smog (brown)



I started with a base of Home Run, the applied my nail vinyls and painted Celestial on the bottom half of the nail, and Smog on the top half.  This is the first time I have used any of the Urban Decay Naked minis I won in a giveaway earlier this year.  I will really need to use them more often! 


For whatever reason when I applied my topcoat (Seche Vite) a foggy look appeared over Smog on some nails.  I'm not entirely sure why this happened and it wasn't noticeable in real life.  Even though I took these pictures only a few hours after doing this mani, unfortunately you can already see the shrinkage on my tips and the base color showing through.


Overall, I really did like this mani.  I love that he constantly picks colors that I wouldn't necessarily put together, but end up looking great together.  I even got compliments at work - which I always love.  Happy Hump Day!

--
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...