Monday, December 8, 2014

Teal and White Snowflakes

Hello!  Today is my first holiday post of the season!  One thing I have not ever done here on the blog is Winter/Christmas/Holiday nail art!  I did one snowflake mani last year, as part of another challenge, otherwise, most of my holiday nails end up being spur of the moment and lack-luster since I do them at the last minute every year.  I tried to use the same stamp as last year from my Vivid Lacquer VL006 plate, but I couldn't seem to get the image to pick up.  I think part of the problem may be because my white stamping polish is starting to dry out.



I ended up switching from my Konad white stamping polish to China Glaze White on White.  Even though it isn't as bright and crisp as the Konad, I actually kind of like the subtle look.  The real star of the show here, however, is the base polish!  This is my first Aliquid Lacquer polish, Puppy Love!  I will have swatches of this polish on its own later this week, so I won't talk about it too much!




For this mani I used the large snowflake image from the Hollywood Nails stamping set I received for Christmas last year.  I love the size of this snowflake!  I will definitely have to use this on my toes as well!  I love how sparkly Puppy Love is in this final shot - you can really see the pink and teal glitter in this polish.  It's super gorgeous!

--
Sarah


4 comments:

  1. I love the base you've used (I have and love that ALIQUID as well!) and your stamping looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppy Love is a great polish and you've used it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...