Saturday, January 17, 2015

CYNA Winnie the Pooh Challenge: The Woods

Today is day two of the Winnie the Pooh challenge for this month's Challenge Your Nail Art theme.  Our prompt today is "The Woods," referring to the Hundred Acre Woods where Pooh Bear and his friends live.  Unfortunately, I don't have a tree stamp (only a Christmas tree!), so I am doing some more freehanding for this mani.



I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff.  I then used a variation on the nimbus nail art technique to sponge on the green for the trees.  I used Sally Hansen Limestone and Sea Through to create the trees.  I then added the trunk and limbs using a black striper nail polish.



This is definitely not my best work, but it fits the challenge.  I am working on getting back into a regular nail art groove after the holidays, so I really put pressure on myself to do this challenge!  I know I haven't posted much this week prior to this challenge, but I've been working on building up material for the next few weeks.

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...