Monday, January 26, 2015

L'Oreal Masked Affair

Yes, I succumbed to the hype and sought out Masked Affair.  Last Sunday, I went to three Walgreens before finally finding Masked Affair.  My boyfriend thought I was crazy, but even he gave in and went to the third Walgreens after I decided I didn't care anymore (we were running errands and the first two we stopped at weren't out of the way).  Then, low and behold, and complete display, with two of each color remaining, but I behaved and just picked up Masked Affair.



This polish is so gorgeous and definitely worth the hunt - even if the formula is horrible!  What you see in these pics, is four coats.  Yes, four.  And each coat was streaky until the fourth.  I've had polishes be streaky on the first and even second coats, but I couldn't believe it was still streaky on the third.  I've read other reviews of folks having the same problem, so at least I'm not the only one.  I loaded up the brush with polish for the fourth and final coat, and was finally able to level everything out.




I'm not a connoisseur of indie holos, as much as I would like to be (I simply can't afford it), but when I can get my hands on a beautiful one for less then $10, I had to jump on it!  This really is such a gorgeous polish.  Even in the shade, when it appeared a very light lavender color, it was beautiful, even though the holo effect wasn't obvious.  I'm glad I picked this up, but it definitely makes you work for the results!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I have heard so many people say that their formula was awful, and so many who said (like me) that it was decent. *shrug* Quality control, L'Oreal, it's a thing!! LOL. It does look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad your formula was passable! I'm just glad this polish is so beautiful, otherwise it probably would've been more trouble than its worth!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...