Friday, January 30, 2015

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Blue Chevrons

Last year when my boyfriend still worked at Target, he had picked up a Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear trio for me.  The polishes included were Blue Me Away, Sea-ly String, and Breezy Blue.  For today's mani, I decided to use chevron nail vinyls from Nails Redesigned to create a blue monochrome pattern using Blue Me Away and Breezy Blue.



I started with a base of Breezy Blue.  Let me tell you, this polish was a pain in the butt.  It was streaky on the first two coats, and eventually took four to be opaque.  Normally, I wouldn't have worried so much about it being opaque as the base color, but you could clearly still see the streaks in the previous coats due to how sheer the polish was.  Once dry, I added a coat of Seche Vite.



I then applied the nail vinyls and layered one coat of Blue Me Away on top.  Unlike her shimmery, pastel sister, Blue Me Away is a gorgeous one-coater creme.  I will definitely be using Blue Me Away again - the color is super vibrant and gorgeous!


Unfortunately, I didn't wait quite long enough to apply the nail vinyls and I peeled off most of Breezy Blue on my index an middle finger nails when removing the polish.  I went back in with my dotting tool and reapplied Breezy Blue before applying topcoat.  So that's why the lines aren't as crisp on those nails.



Otherwise, this is a super gorgeous mani in my opinion!  Blue is one of my favorite colors, but I rarely wear it on my nails, except for my Gator manis.  I hope everyone has a great weekend - I know I will because I'll be celebrating my 26th birthday tomorrow!  Oh, and go Seahawks!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...