Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Butter London Knackered

Today I have just a quick post.  I did this mani a few weeks ago when my nails are much longer than they are now.  I've had several breaks and am down to nubs.  You will likely start see nub posts next week.  I also have a mini review and first look at my UberChic stamping plates that I'm hoping to have up on the blog on Friday.


Without further ado, here is today's mani!  Since Butter London Knackered is so sheer, I decided to layer it over another color.  So I started with a base of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Breezy Blue, a pastel blue that is opaque in three coats.  Breezy Blue is kind of streaky, and I believe I just did two coats here since I knew I would be layering Knackered over top.



Knackered is gorgeous in the bottle and on the nail.  Its a gorgeous duochrome that shifts from green to purple.  You can clearly see the purple shift in the first photo in the post and the green shift directly above.  Knackered also has holo microglitter that really pop in the sun.  It does show up a little streaky, but I think if I had been more precise in my application there wouldn't be brush strokes.  They were also a lot less obvious in real life!



I really liked this mani - super simple, but gorgeous since Knackered is such a dynamic polish.  I really want to do a mermaid mani of some kind with this polish because that's what it makes me think of!  I think with the use of Knackered I have finally used all the polishes my boyfriend got my for Christmas this year, so he can stop complaining that I never use them! ;)

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...