Thursday, May 14, 2015

Mother's Day Skittles

I can't believe it took until Thursday for me to finally get this mani posted!  I edited the pictures Monday, but have simply been too busy to sit down and write a blog post.  Not sure yet whether this week's #WNAC2015 nails will make it to the blog tomorrow or not.  I did them last night but not sure if I can get them edited and a post written.  They will for sure be on Instagram though, so make sure to look for them!


Today's mani is the look I put together for Mother's Day!  My mom loves subtle colors (not sure if she's even done nude nails though - she isn't a big polisher), so I knew she would appreciate this mani.  My inspiration was this mani by @sandrasparkles of Instagram.  I tweaked the colors a little bit and opted for a textured gold, but I definitely want to give credit where credit is due!  One funny thing that Sandra and I have in common is we go to the same dentist!  Well, she goes to the dentist I went to when I lived in the Orlando area!  Funny how Instagram can create such a small world!



For my mani, I started with Zoya Rue on my thumb, index, and pinkie nails; OPI My Vampire is Buff on my middle nail, and Zoya Tomoko on the my ring finger.  I then created a leopard print using Rue and Tomoko on my middle nail, and added the "double dot" using Tomoko as an accent on each of my other nails.



Overall, I love the cohesiveness of this mani!  I struggle with skittle nails, because I never know what colors to put together or what designs should go on which nails, but as soon as I saw Sandra's mani I fell in love and knew I had to recreate it!  Leopard print isn't something I've done a lot of, but I like to see my skills improving and you definitely can from my previous leopard print manis.  My mom and grandmother both loved my nails on Sunday, and I'm glad I was able to spend time with both of them on Mother's Day.

--
Sarah


4 comments:

  1. This is such a classy manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh i do like this a lot! definitely want to try a look like this soon! :) I'm glad you had a lovely Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love this look and is a very versatile look and could be done with almost any color combination!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...