Friday, May 1, 2015

Nude Swirls Using UberChic Stamping Plates

Happy Friday!  I am so glad today is Friday, I am in desperate need of a weekend.  I just want it to be 5:00pm now!  Today, I have the first mani I created using the UberChic stamping plates I ordered last month.  I purchased Collection 1, since I love the varied images on each plate and can we just acknowledge how gorgeous all these images are!



For this mani, I started with a base of Zoya Rue, one of my favorite nudes.  I then used Sinful Colors Black on Black to stamp the image from plate 1-03 onto each nail.  I then finished with NYC Matte Me Crazy.




I do have a few comments I feel I need to make about these plates.  I'm not sure if its my inability at stamping, my technique, the fact that I'm not using a polish designed for stamping, my stamper(s), etc. but I have been struggling to use these plates.  I primarily use what I consider a firm Konad stamper (the standard Konad stamper) and a credit card for scraping, though I do also have the Salon Express stamper (which did even worse).  I do most of my nail art sitting on the couch using a box lid as my table and it could be that I'm not getting the best scrape.  I'm really not sure what my issue is, but I have tried several other images from all three plates and have not been able to pick up a clean image.  I have ordered stamping polish and will try again once it arrives, but at this point, I'm kind of at a loss.  I love these plates, and had little to no trouble doing this mani, but have been unsuccessful on every other attempt.  I will update this post once I'm able to try again with a special stamping polish.

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...