Wednesday, May 20, 2015

#WNAC2015 May - Neon Fishtail Braid

Happy Hump Day!  This week is a short week for me since I took Monday off to take my cat to the vet.  She had been licking a few spots on her belly bald in the last few months, but the vet said it must be stress because she is 100% healthy.  So we're trying Feliway to see if that will help reduce her stress.  Today I have last week's #WNAC2015 prompt: neon fishtail or braided nails.  I went with the more traditional interpretation of this mani, and did not do a herringbone style design as I saw many others do.  I hindsight, I now wish I had tried that technique out since I've never done it before.



For this mani I started with a base of China Glaze White on White.  On my thumb, index, and pinkie nails I added one coat of Broadway Nail Sunshine Disco.  For my two accent nails I created the fishtail design using Sunshine Disco, Sinful Colors Black on Black, and Pure Ice Home Run.  I did use a coat of White on White before each coat of Sunshine Disco so that it would pop over the darker colors.




I do like how this mani came out, but I wish that I had had a neon, or at least a brighter shade of mint for the green.  If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen the shirt that inspired this color combination.  Hope everyone has a good rest of their week and I will hopefully be back on Friday with this week's #WNAC2015 prompt: gradient!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I love this look! Totally says KAPOW, which some days, I need. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I definitely underestimated how bright Sunshine Disco was until I walked outside the next morning! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...