Thursday, May 7, 2015

#WNAC2015 May - Neon Half Moons

Good morning!  I was hoping to get this post to you earlier in the week, but as you can see, that didn't happen!  I am participating in an Instagram nail art challenge: the Weekly Nail Art Challenge, or #WNAC2015.  The theme for the month of May is neons, and then we are given weekly prompts within that theme.  For last Friday, May 1, the prompt was half moon.  So I pulled out my neon polishes and got to work!




I love the look of neon and nude together, so I decided to go that route with this mani.  I started with a base of OPI My Vampire Looks Buff.  Once dry, I added french tip nail vinyls from Nails Redesigned to create the half moons using China Glaze Sun Worshiper.  I wanted to add a bit of a color pop, so I dotted Sun Worshiper around the edge of the half moon and then added smaller dots of China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise and Purple Panic on top of the yellow.





I really love how this mani turned out!  And it was so crazy neon in natural light.  I tried to get a few pictures on my phone, but even then it wouldn't show how much Sun Worshiper glows in direct sunlight.  This mani also has a tribal feel to it, which is ironic since this week's prompt is tribal (which you will see on Instagram and the blog tomorrow).  If you want to follow the #WNAC2015 prompts, just search the on Instagram, or you can always follow me there as well at @partlycloudylacquer.

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...