Friday, May 8, 2015

#WNAC2015 May - Neon Tribal

Happy Friday!  I am so ready for the weekend - this week has been crazy stressful.  Today, I have the second prompt for the Weekly Nail Art Challenge: tribal (search #WNAC2015 on Instagram to see more!).  Since the theme for May is neon, we have to do a neon tribal design.  I think mine turned out a little more Easter egg than tribal, but I still LOVE how it turned out.  Also, please pardon the boo-boo on my index finger - I've covered it with a heart in the pictures. :)




I started this mani with a base of China Glaze White on White.  Once that was dry, I added straight and chevron nail vinyls from Nails Redesigned to each nail to create my tribal design.  I then applied my new Jolie Polish Nooks and Crannies liquid latex to the skin around each nail.  Working one nail at a time, I created a gradient using Broadway Sunshine Disco and China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise and then carefully peeled the nail vinyls and the liquid latex off together.



I absolutely love how this turned out.  The shimmer in Turned Up Turquoise really makes this mani pop.  Sunshine Disco was also crazy neon in natural light - so gorgeous!  I am really loving these prompts.  I know the next couple will push my limits a little bit, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.  I hope all the moms out there have a great Mother's Day weekend!  I will be going down south to visit my mother and grandmother on Sunday.

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...