Friday, May 22, 2015

#WNAC2015 - Neon Gradient

Happy Friday!  I am super excited for the weekend since it's a three-day weekend with Memorial Day on Monday.  We're having a cook out on Sunday with family, but otherwise no big plans, which is always nice.  Today I have this week's installment of #WNAC2015 with the prompt of neon gradient.  Since I also did a gradient in my tribal mani for week two, so I wanted to be sure to do something a little more involved than just a plain gradient.



For this mani, I started with a base of China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy.  Flip Flop Fantasy is probably my favorite neon polish that I own, and also the first China Glaze polish that I purchased.  I then did a gradient of Flip Flop Fantasy with elf Mango Madness.  Even though it appears more red in these pictures, Mango Madness is definitely orange.  I currently have Mango Madness on my toes, and once I did the gradient on my nails, you never would've guessed they were the same color.  Must be something about Mango Madness being layered over Flip Flop Fantasy.


I actually wore the gradient on its own to work yesterday, where I accidentally matched my outfit to my nails.  I wore a coral shirt that was definitely almost the same shade (except less neon) as Flip Flop Fantasy.  So last night, I added the finishing touch by stamping using Born Pretty Store plate QA88 and Sinful Colors Black on Black.



I really love this mani.  It might possibly now be beating my tribal mani as my favorite from the challenge.  Next week's prompt is water marble, which will definitely be a challenge.  There has only ever been one water marble on the blog, since I have yet to master the skill.  Anywho, I hope everyone has a great weekend, and be sure to take a moment to be thankful for those that gave their lives for our freedom.

--
Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the gradient and the QA88 plate is one of my favourites! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! QA88 is definitely my favorite plate that I own!

      Delete
  2. I like the red background, this nail art looks great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a gradient done with Flip Flop Fantasy before- so bright & pretty! And, the stamping is just icing on the cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in LOVE with this, it looks so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! So bright, and cheerful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...