Friday, May 29, 2015

#WNAC2015 - Neon Watermarble

TGIF!  Today I have the final installment of #WNAC2015 for May and the prompt is watermarble.  Like many other nail enthusiasts, I can't watermarble to save my life.  This is only the third watermarble to ever grace this blog (to see my fails, click here!).  I have spent a ton of time in the last three years doing research, and can definitely say my technique has improved, but is obviously not great.  Practice makes perfect, but I hate practicing watermarbles!  So I "practice" by watching tutorials and not actually executing the marble.




For this mani, I started with a base of China Glaze White on White.  I then marbled using China Glaze Turned up Turquoise and Purple Panic.  The only two nails in my opinion that weren't complete fails were the thumb and middle finger.  I do kind of link how on the index and pinkie finger the colors blended to create a purple shade, but its harder to see the marbled pattern.




Overall, I am pretty satisfied with how this turned out.  I would say its by far the most successful watermarble I have completed.  Also, this past Tuesday was my three year anniversary of blogging!  I'm glad that all y'all are here to share this journey with me whether you started following yesterday or three years ago.  I love the people I've met through this community, and still love doing my nails, even if it isn't as often as I would like it to be!  No word yet on #WNAC2015 prompts for June, but I hope there are!  It's been fun doing a challenge again. :)

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors, and I think your middle finger turned out the best! Keep practicing, you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! :D The middle finger was definitely a close second on my favorites - and I actually did it first!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...