Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Deborah Lippmann - I've Gotta Be Me Nail Art

Happy Hump Day!  Unfortunately, I thought today was Thursday, but oh well.  Today I have a simple stamped mani using two colors from the Deborah Lippmann I've Gotta Be Me set that was released last fall for their 15th anniversary.  My brother got it for me for Christmas, and while I have used several shades from the set, none of them have made it on the blog yet.


For this look, I started with a base of You've Got a Friend, a pink-leaning nude.  I love shades like this because they are definitely more nude on me than yellow based nudes (i.e. My Vampire is Buff).  This polish has great formula and is a solid two-coater.



I then used my trusty QA88 stamping plate from Born Pretty Store, and stamped with This One's On Me, a reddish-purple shimmer shade.  This polish is extremely opaque and is perfect for stamping.  In the bottle it definitely appears more red, but when I stamped the shimmer came to life appeared more purple.  It almost reminded me of Max Factor Fantasy Fire.  And while this shade is definitely not a dupe (though I don't own it to compare), the shimmer reminded me of that shade.



For a look at swatches from the full set, I recommend these by Peachy Polish.  I have not worn This One's On Me on its own, but I am definitely intrigued about how it looks, especially because of the swatches by Peachy Polish and the visible shimmer in my stamping.  Overall, these are great polishes, and I'm so glad I got to try out my first Deborah Lippmann polishes!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. wow your nails look so beautiful! I love this manicure, thanks for sharing :)
    I'd love to have this on my nails <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...