Friday, June 19, 2015

#WNAC2015 Turquoise Ikat

Happy Friday!  Only three more work days (after today) until vacation!  Since I will be gone the latter half of next week, I will actually be posting next week's WNAC mani mid-week, and then it will go on Instagram on Friday, as usual.  Today, I have this week's prompt, which is turquoise.



I finally broke down last week and bought acrylic paints.  For no real reason, I had been determined for so long to be polish-only, but I really love some of the looks that can be created with acrylic paint.  So I decided to pick up black and white and try them out for my ikat design to see if I liked them.  And let me just say, I think it was a success!




For this mani, I started with a base of Aliquid Lacquer Puppy Love, which was a special release polish in the fall with a portion of the proceeds going to the ASPCA.  I love this polish, and it certainly doesn't get used enough.  After applying topcoat, I then added the white blobs using acrylic paint.  Once dry, I added Zoya Wednesday on top and then added the black using more acrylic paint. 


This mani was so easy to do!  I absolutely love working with acrylic paints - they dried quickly and don't build up a thickness on the nail.  So be sure to expect more freehand nail art using the paints in the future!  Overall, I am very pleased with the way this turned out and have been bursting at the seams to share it with you.  Hope everyone has a great weekend and Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I admire your skill and creativity! Such a fun palette of colors, too!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...