Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Parallax Polish Bryant and Destiny

Happy Hump Day!  It's been quite awhile since I've brought you any swatches!  Today I have a new to me indie, Parallax Polish!  Parallax Polish first showed up on my radar when she announced the SeCience Collection a few months ago.  Each polish in the collection represents a different SEC school and is inspired by current academic research at each major university.  So, being the loyal Gator fan and UF employee that I am, I automatically needed Bryant, the polish inspired by the University of Florida.



Bryant is named for the space center here on campus (I've actually never been there!).  Bryant is described as a deep blue with orange shimmer, which of course is appropriate since our colors are orange and blue.  I tried to capture the shimmer in my photos, but it was rather elusive of my camera, but very noticeable in real life.  This polish is super gorgeous!  The VNL also was not as noticeable in real life as it is in these pictures.  The first coat was a bit streaky, but it finished off nicely in three coats.



Next up is Destiny from the Discoveries in Diagnoses collection.  This collection was designed to bring awareness to lesser-known medical conditions in order to better educate.  This gorgeous scattered holo is bringing awareness to congenital heart defects.  Destiny is described as a blue scattered holographic with a slight red shimmer.  I didn't necessarily see red shimmer, but I do feel there was a slight duochrome effect in some lighting (which I unfortunately was unable to capture).



The formula on Destiny was absolute perfection.  It dried to a slightly matte textured finish, but I smoothed it out with a coat of Seche Vite.  I actually quite liked the texture and may wear it that way in the future.



Both of these polishes are absolutely gorgeous and I'm so glad I was able to pick them up.  Both are currently in stock on the Parallax Polish store, so be sure to grab them!  I also recommend following Parallax Polish on Instagram.  With each polish swatch an informational tidbit is posted for each of the SeCience and Discoveries in Diagnoses polishes.  I love that she uses social media as a platform to bring awareness and inform!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...