Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Patriotic Glitter Placement Nails

I'm so excited to share today's mani with you.  These are the nails that I did for July 4th and the Women's World Cup game.  Which in case you've been under a rock the last three days, the USA won the world cup!  It was a great game, and we were up by 4 very early in the first half.  I'm pretty sure it was the highest scoring soccer match I've ever seen.  Either way, we won and it was great!



I had trouble trying to decide what to do for my patriotic nails this year.  I have this great red, white, and blue matte glitter topper that I used last year, however, I knew I didn't just want to layer glitter over top of a base color.  So I decided to a glitter placement mani - and what better than red, white, and blue stripes!



Since I wanted a neutral color as my base so that you could see each color of glitter, I started with Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Pumping Iron.  After two coats and topcoat, I then started creating my stripes using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Beach Ball.  In hindsight, I wish my lines were a little straighter on some nails, but overall I loved the effect.  I even did my right hand, but of course the lines were even less straight then! ;)



Overall, this was such a fun mani, and perfect for the holiday weekend events.  Even though I thought this mani up in my own head (though I'm sure someone else has done something similar), I feel like this is me thinking outside the box and pushing my personal envelope just a little bit more.  I hope everyone had a safe and happy fourth!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...