Friday, July 3, 2015

#WNAC2015 Dry Brush Gradient

Happy Friday!  This is an especially happy Friday considering I have the day off!  UF is observing Independence Day today, so I get a three day weekend!  We are getting ready to have a big cookout and then watch the Women's World Cup and the Coke Zero 400 on Sunday night!  Can you tell we're big sports fans?


Today I have the first #WNAC2015 prompt for July.  This month's theme is gradients, and this week's them is dry brush.  I've never done a dry brush mani before, so I was excited to try out a new technique.  That's one thing I really like about these challenges, it forces me to go outside my box a little!



For this mani, I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff.  Then using the dry brush technique (you brush off as much of the polish off the brush as possible), I applied three shades of pink.  I've been in a pink mood lately, so I chose that as my color scheme for this mani.  The three polishes I used are LA Colors Color Craze Frill, a pastel pink unnamed Color Craze shade, and Sephora by OPI What Aura Gonna Wear?


I then finished it off with a coat China Glaze Fairy Dust.  In hindsight, I wish I hadn't added the Faity Dust, because I feel like it took away from the dry brush look, and made it look kind of lumpy, which it definitely wasn't.  This technique is super easy and it drys fast since you're using so little polish.  Great for nail art on the go!  Hope everyone has a great Fourth of July weekend and Go USA!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I've still not tried this technique. Looks beautiful on you.
    Happy 4th July weekend. Hope that you're having a lovely time off celebrating x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...