Friday, July 17, 2015

#WNAC2015 Geometric Gradient

Happy Friday!  Sorry I didn't have another post up earlier this week...I've been a bit busy with our new kitten Curie!  I will include a picture of her down at the bottom.  She is a sweetie, but getting her and my other cat, Addy, to get along has been a long process.  So not much time for blogging!  I also had a bad break on my middle finger nail as you can see in these pictures.  I couldn't bring myself to file the other nails down because they really aren't very long at the moment!


Today, I have this week's #WNAC2015 prompt, geometric gradient.  I decided to do a laser type mani for this with a gradient.  I've done a few laser manis before, but never one with a gradient.  I was also feeling some bright summery colors, so I used Zoya Kimber and Myrta for the gradient.



For this mani, I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff.  After two coats and topcoat, I used striping tape to create the design on each nail.  My goal was to make each nail as different as possible.  I then used Sassy Cats Lacquer Kitty Kaps (my liquid latex holy grail product!) to line each nail before beginning the gradient.  I then sponged on Kimber and Myrta, removed the tape, and topcoated.



If you are looking for a liquid latex product I highly recommend Kitty Kaps.  I actually received it as a freebie in an order I placed a few months ago since there was a widespread shipping delay.  Well, I have nothing but good things to say and will definitely be reordering when I run out.  I have only tried one other liquid latex product and it simply does not perform as well as Kitty Kaps.  Kitty Kaps dries quickly and peels off in one large piece and is not super sticky!  It comes in a mini-sized polish bottle, which is perfect for application in my opinion.  I actually used Kitty Kaps on my last gradient mani as well, but forgot to mention it.


Anywho, here is my sassy baby cat, Curie.  She has been a handful, but is super sweet and full of energy!  This picture was actually taken about two weeks before we brought her home.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...