Friday, July 10, 2015

#WNAC2015 Leopard Print Gradient

Happy Friday!  Today is an especially special Friday because I am going to pick up my new kitten this evening!  I'm still a little nervous about how my current cat is going to react to having a baby sister, but here's hoping everything will work out.  Be sure to check my Instagram, as I'm sure I'll be posting pictures!



Today's prompt for #WNAC2015 is animal print.  Since I am most comfortable with leopard print, I decided to do leopard print over a gradient.  I went to Ulta last weekend and picked up a few polishes (I really only went in for Seche Vite, but you know how that goes!).  I picked up several new to me polishes, including the two used in this post: Zoya Tove and Orly Teal Unreal.



I started with a base of Tove, a light dove gray from the Satin finish line from earlier this year.  I then created a gradient using Tove and Teal Unreal.  Once dry, I topcoated and then used acrylic paint to add my leopard print.  I then finished everything off with another coat of Seche Vite.



Even though I just did a leopard print mani for a prompt in June, but I am really working to perfect this technique.  I've seen so many gorgeous leopard prints, and I want to get there!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...