Friday, July 31, 2015

#WNAC2015 - Negative Space Gradient

Happy Friday!  Today's post is going to be a short one.  I have the final #WNAC2015 prompt for July - negative space gradient.  I've only ever done one negative space design before, so I really had to think outside the box on this one.  I like how negative space manis look on other people, but I didn't think I would like them on myself, but I actually really like how this one turned out.



I started by applying Nails Redesigned triangle vinyls to each nail to create an elongated v-shaped half moon type design and Sassy Cats Lacquer Kitty Kaps latex shield around my cuticles.  I then sponged on a gradient of Sally Hansen Pink Blink and Nails Inc. Chelsea Physic Garden onto each nail.  I then finished with a coat of Seche Vite.




Though it took several coats and isn't perfectly opaque, I quite like how this turned out.  Next time I would use colors that were more opaque and didn't take so many coats to build up opacity.  But I do really like how delicate looking this is.  In real life, its actually quite a bit more subtle than in these photos.  It's such an elegant color combination and I really love how this turned out.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. It kinda reminds me of cat eyes! It's very visually appealing, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can still see some parts of your natural nails!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like the negative space technique a lot more than I expected - I thought I would hate seeing my natural nail, but I like it too! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...