Friday, July 24, 2015

#WNAC2015 Scaled Gradient

Happy Friday!  Today's post is this week's prompt for #WNAC2015: scaled gradient.  I definitely had to google what a scaled gradient was!  I have seen these on Instagram, but had not ever considered doing one!  I will start off by saying that I am not a big fan of the way my mani came out.  I like the index nail, and that is about it. 



For this mani, I started with a base of Revlon Provence.  I then created a gradient using Provence and Zoya Demi.  Once dry, I added chevron nail vinyls from Nails Redesigned vertically across the nail.  I then created an inverse gradient of the two colors, sponging them on in the opposite direction than I had for the base.  This would've worked great if I had picked a more opaque polish than Provence.  Since it was sheer, it was hard to cover over Demi on the bottom.



Overall, this technique is not hard to accomplish, as long as you are smart when picking polishes.  I do really like some of the scaled gradient manis I have seen (just search #WNAC2015 on Instagram).  I will just have to practice in the future, so that it comes out a bit better.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...