Friday, August 28, 2015

#WNAC2015 Cobalt and Peach

Happy Friday!  This is another week that I'm glad is over!  I'm also excited because next weekend is the start of college football season!  So get ready for all the orange and blue Gator manis that will be coming your way over the next few months! 


Today I have the final installment of #WNAC2015 for August.  The theme is cobalt and peach.  I actually really struggled with this prompt.  It took me quite a while to find two shades of these colors in my stash that didn't look completely horrendous together.  I ended up deciding on Avon Swift Sherbet and a new polish my boyfriend picked up for me Broadway Nails Chalice, from their new Gel Strong line.



I've worn Chalice once already and its a pretty color, but takes several coats to build up opacity.  It doesn't have a funky topcoat or anything for this gel system, so I just use good old Seche Vite.  For this mani, I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff.  I then stamped using Swift Sherbet and Chalice and an image the BPL-024 stamping plate from Born Pretty Store.



Both colors picked up the image well, though Chalice appears as a lighter blue on the nail than in the bottle.  I really felt like this mani needed something and I thought about adding studs, but I just couldn't seem to decide what it actually needed, so I left it alone before I messed the whole thing up. ;)


I hope everyone has a good weekend, and everyone in Florida needs to keep an eye on the tropics this weekend, as we may be getting a visit from Tropical Storm Erika early next week.  Also, keep your eyes peeled for a second post this afternoon! :)

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...