Friday, August 21, 2015

#WNAC2015 - Mint and Lilac

I am so glad it's Friday.  It's definitely a TGIF kind of day and not a 'Happy Friday!'  Today, I have the next installment for the #WNAC2015 challenge: mint and lilac.  I am really excited with how this turned out.  It's not as obvious in pictures, but it was super pretty in real life.


For this mani, I started with a base of Pure Ice Homerun, a mint green.  I then used the dry brush method to brush on Avon Bon Voyage Violet and two of the Sally Hansen ColorFoil polishes: Minted Metal (green) and Purple Alloy (purple).  It is a bit hard to distinguish the color difference between the purple and green metallics, but I love how this turned out!



I wish I had added matte topcoat to it before I removed it, because I bet it would've looked great that way too.  I actually wore this mani for four days!  Yes, four!  And only had one (rather large) chip when I removed it.  Normally manis only last two or so days for me, maybe three, but it's typically looking pretty rough by day three.



Overall, I really love how this turned out!  Especially considering it was my first dry-brush mani.  I'm hoping to have a mid-week post to you next week, but no guarantees.  Hoping to hit the beach this weekend!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...