Friday, September 11, 2015

#WNAC2015 - Dry Marble

Happy Friday!  Counting today, I only have three more work days until vacation!  I do want to go ahead and let everyone know that there will be a bit of radio silence as I will be on vacation the next two weeks, but I should be back with posts in late September or early October at the latest.  I will still be keeping up with the #WNAC2015 prompts on Instagram, but won't blog about them until after the fact.  I also have some more exciting news: I have been invited to join the Twinsie Tuesday group!  Starting in October, I will now be posting weekly with the ladies of Twinsie Tuesday.


And now on to what you came here for - the mani!  This week's #WNAC2015 prompt is dry marble.  I have only done one semi-successful dry marble, and it was actually part of my Gator Nails for last year's game against Kentucky.  This time I used two colors from the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel line: Combustealable and Too Haute.



For this mani, I started with a base of Too Haute, followed by a coat of Seche Vite.  I then painted half the nail using Combustealable and the other half Too Haute, and swirled them together using a dotting tool.  I really love how this turned out!  It sort of has fan brush technique look to it.  I really think have the base color already on the nail really helped so I wasn't scraping polish off with bare nail underneath, which has been my problem in the past.



Overall, this was a super easy mani and I love this look!  I really want to try this with my orange and blue polishes since I really don't think an orange and blue gradient would look good and this could be an easy alternative.  I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I should have at least one post next week before I go on vacation!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I love this! So pretty. Have a fantastic holiday. Look forward to hearing all about it x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...