Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday - Florida Gator Ruffian Nails

Hello!  Today I have a bit of a combo post.  This week's Twinsie Tuesday prompt is ruffian, which is a technique I've never done before.  I'm sure many of you are familiar with my weekly nail art series where I do orange and blue nails for each Florida Gator football game during the season.  I decided to combine the two prompts and do orange and blue ruffians!



I started with China Glaze I Sea the Point and Stoked to be Soaked.  I then applied french tip guides from Nails Redesigned to the cuticle of each nail.  I then added Zoya Dhara and Sunshine to the respective orange and blue nails to create the ruffian design.




Overall, this was a super easy mani to create, and I really like how it turned out.  I did these nails for last weekend's loss to LSU.  Considering the circumstances, the Gators played really well, and lost respectably.  Be sure to check out the ruffian manis from the other Twinsies!


Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Claire at Kerruticles
 ChiChi at I'm Just Me...ChiChi
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amanda at Amandalandish

Alaina at The Little Canvas

--
Sarah

16 comments:

  1. I really like the way these turned out! I love the creme/texture ruffians in matching colours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph! It was more subtle looking IRL, but I love how it turned out. :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice! The orange and blue are so great together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love textured ruffuans so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a cool idea to use a textured polish! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The textures look great! Love the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use the textured and creme polishes together. I'm just looking at those nail vinyls too. I wanted to use nail vinyls to get nice straight lines, but all of my French nail shapes had too shallow of a curve - this looks perfect though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! These french tip vinyls have actually been difficult to use because they are narrower than my nails, so I used these more as a guide and filled in along the sides to finish the ruffian shape.

      Delete
  7. Great idea combining the different textures! It looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those Zoya polishes :) They match so well with the cremes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The Pixie Dust polishes are my favorite from the textured trend. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...