Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday - Inspired by the Season

This week's prompt for Twinsie Tuesday is inspired by the season.  Even though we don't have as defined seasons in Florida as most other places, we do get cooler weather and some color change.  I love the beautiful color change that happens throughout the country in the fall, and used that as my inspiration for this mani.



I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff.  I then did a stamping gradient using China Glaze Thataway and Passion.  I thought the metallic, shimmery orange and gold would look great as fall colors.  However, Thataway ended up looking kind of peachy over My Vampire is Buff, but overall I am pleased with how it turned out.  I used BP-L024 to stamp the leaf design.




Overall, I really like how this turned out, especially considering it was my first time trying out the gradient stamp technique.  Fall is definitely my favorite season and I love our Florida falls.  Be sure to check out the fall inspired manis from the other Twinsies!


Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Claire at Kerruticles
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Sharon at Behind Green Eyes


--
Sarah

18 comments:

  1. I love gradient stamping! I think this turned out really cute with the peach color even if it wasn't what you intended :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fall leaves are lovely. I like the gradient on it and the metallic colors for it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice! (I would say that ... it's very similar - in style, but not colours - to my one!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! I definitely noticed we did similar designs - great minds! ;)

      Delete
  4. This metallic shimmery stamping is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is super delicate and pretty!
    Kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, really wearable and I love the colours you picked for the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the way Thataway turned out over the base colour! Great mani! Your gradient stamping is superb!! X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...