Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday - Inspired by Your Favorite Fictional Character

Hello!  Today's Twinsie Tuesday prompt is inspired by your favorite fictional character.  This prompt was actually pretty difficult for me.  I'm not a someone who really gets obsessed or super excited about things.  I've read and enjoyed the Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Twilight, etc. and seen all the movies and watch various tv shows, but I just don't get super excited.  Music and sports are more what I get obsessed with, but there are no fictional characters there.



I decided to go with a character from a book series I'm currently reading.  I started the Outlander series earlier this year, and am currently reading the second book, Dragonfly in Amber.  I decided to base my nails on the protagonist, Jamie Fraser's tartan colors.




I started with a base of Revlon Blue Slate.  I then stamped using Kleancolor Coffee Addict and BL-L-006 from Born Pretty Store.  Overall, it is a pretty simple mani, but I really like the color combination.  I also know there is an Outlander tv show, but I would rather just read the books, I'm boring like that!  Be sure to check out what characters inspired the other Twinsies!



Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Claire at Kerruticles
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Sharon at Behind Green Eyes

--
Sarah

12 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of the series at all but your nails look really nice. I agree with you, sometimes the book is better than the tv series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm often times disappointed by movie/tv adaptations of books and I just like to envision what the characters look like in my mind and I don't always agree with casting choices!

      Delete
  2. Nice stamping ^^ It is always troublesome for me :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! I'm still trying to perfect my stamping skills, but this one did turn out pretty good!

      Delete
  3. These plaid nails looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll always take the book over the TV or Movie! I love your stamping, it's perfect. I really need to get a tartan stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These nails are so pretty! The colors work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the Outlander series yet but I was looking for something new to read so I might start :) I love the way this plaid mani came out its great for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I highly recommend the series, the first book was a serious page turner for me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...