Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday - Recreate a Fellow Twinsie's Mani

Hello!  Today I have my first official post with the Twinsie Tuesday group!  I am so excited to be a part of this group and am honored to join in on the fun!  This week's Twinsie prompt is to recreate a fellow Twinsie's mani that you've loved.  Even though this is my first week as a Twinsie, I have followed several members' blogs for several years.  The mani I decided to create was this one, by Savannah of Addicted to Polish for a monochromatic prompt.



For this mani I used China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Navy Baby.  I too used the plastic bag marble method, which I had never done before.  I started with a base Turned Up Turquoise.  Once dry, I added random drops of Turned Up Turquoise and Navy Baby and then squished them together with a piece of plastic bag.




Overall, I really love how this turned out.  Be sure to check out the looks the other Twinsies have created!


Sharon at Behind Green Eyes
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Claire at Kerruticles
 ChiChi at I'm Just Me...ChiChi
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amanda at Amandalandish
Alaina at The Little Canvas

--
Sarah

24 comments:

  1. Really nice design you chose to recreate. It looks super good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! :) I love the saran wrap / plastic bag technique too... So easy but always comes out with an interesting pattern. I really like the colours here too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know - no too saran wrap manis are ever the same! :)

      Delete
  3. These colors look great together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! They're a little different from the shades Savannah used, but its super gorgeous in person, my pictures don't do it justice!

      Delete
  4. Great job Sarah, it looks really good! Welcome to the group x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours, Sarah. Welcome to the group. I say that, but I'm new too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, it really is interesting that we both chose to recreate the same nail art for our first prompt :D I love yours too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so funny when I checked your post! I couldn't believe we both picked the same mani, out of all the ones out there!

      Delete
  7. Stop, I am in love with turned up turquoise, that is honestly the color on my toes basically all summer!

    Great manicure! I've been following the twinsie tuesday for ages too before I joined!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the plastic bag method and how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look terrific!! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you went with shimmery colors! Yours came out fabulous! Welxome to the Twinsies <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the distressed effect the plastic bag method gives the nails. It's interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...